ÚSI-RSSEPAcad. year: 2020/2021
The acquisition of knowledge and skills in the area of producing one’s own independent creative work, including the written and oral presentation of the achieved interim results of that work.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students will learn the basic rules for working procedures related to the investigation of research projects, and will gain experience when executing the project for the production of their own Master’s thesis, including the production schedule, the definition of the priority of investigated issues, the determination of methods and goals for the solution of a technical problem, and the defence of the proposed solution.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
ČMEJROKOVÁ, S, DANEŠ, F., SVĚTLÁ, J. Jak napsat odborný text. Praha:LEDA, spol.s r.o., 1999, 255 str. ISBN 80-85927-69-1
SILVERMAN, D. Ako robiť kvalitatívny výskum. Bratislava: Ikar, a.s., 2005, 327str. ISBN80-551-0904-4
BOLDIŠ, P. Bibliografické citace dokumentu podle CSN ISO 690 a CSN ISO 690-2: Část 1 - Citace: metodika a obecná pravidla. Verze 3.3.c 1999-2004, poslední aktualizace 11.11. 2004.
HIERHOLD, E.: Rétorika a prezentace, 1. vydání Praha: Grada Publishing, 2005. 392 s. ISBN 80-247-0782-9
ŠESTÁK, Z. Jak psát a přednášet o vědě Praha: Academia, 2000. 204 str. ISBN 80-200-0755-5
Zákon č. 35/1965 Sb. o dílech literárních, vědeckých a uměleckých.
Autorské právo, průmyslová práva podle stavu k 13.5. 1998. Ostrava: Sagit, 1998. ISBN 80-7208-069-5.
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Students’ knowledge and skills will be evaluated continuously based on the following results: the creation of a Master’s thesis, the schedule of work, the definition of the problem, the setting of goals, the methods and procedure to be used for the solution, the production of a literature review concerning the investigated issues based on the analysis of available specialised foreign and domestic information sources, the presentation of progress made and the interim conclusions of the Master’s thesis.
Language of instruction
1. Introduction, specification of means and goals
2. Basics of scientific work, requirements for the processing of specialised texts
3. Structure, schedule of work, definition of goals needed to achieve a solution, determination of methods, achievement of results and their interpretation, formal requirements
4. Introduction to the basic concepts of a professional approach to work
5. Basic thought operations
6. Methods used during creative work
7. Use of information sources, principles of correct citation (ČSN / ISO 690)
8. Basics of rhetoric, personal presentation
9. Presentation methods, and principles useful for the defence of results
10. – 12. Oral presentation (ppt) and defence of interim Master’s thesis results, analysis of problems, proposal of subsequent steps
13. Summary, discussion, award of credit
Initiation of the investigation of issues dealt with in the student’s Master’s thesis, the planning of the investigation and proposal of the stages of the thesis production process, the creation of literature research, the provision of an introduction to the methods and principles of the creation of specialised work, the analysis and presentation of achieved interim results, the creation of conditions for the successful completion of the Master’s thesis.
Type of course unit
78 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer