ÚSI-RSARIAcad. year: 2020/2021
Basic issues concerned with risk science, risk engineering, risk management, hazardous chemical substances and preparations, industrial accidents and the modelling of their impacts, prevention and protection.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
1) Acquisition of specialised professional knowledge and skills concerning the identification, analysis and management of risk.
2) The ability to design measures that lead to a decrease in, or the removal of, risk in selected engineering areas.
3) Learning of the basic principles behind the creation of methods for risk evaluation.
Basic knowledge of chemistry and biology.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
TICHÝ, M. Ovládání rizika – analýza a management. Praha, C. H. Beck, 2006, 396 s. ISBN 80-7179-415-5 (CS)
JANÍČEK, P. Expertní inženýrství v systémovém pojetí. Grada Publishing, Praha 2013. 584 s. ISBN 9788024741277 (CS)
MAŠEK, I., MIKA, O., J., Zeman, M.: Analýzy rizika a průmyslová bezpečnost, Vysoké učení technické v Brně, ISBN 80-214-3336-1, Brno 2006 (CS)
Zákon č. 356/2003 Sb. o chemických látkách a chemických přípravcích v platném znění. (CS)
Zákon č. 59/2006 Sb., o prevenci závažných haváriích. (CS)
Vyhláška č. 256/2006 Sb., o podrobnostech systému prevence závažných havárií. (CS)
ŠTĚTINA, J.: Medicína katastrof a hromadných neštěstí, ISBN 80-7169-688-9, Grada Publishing, Praha 2000, 436 stran. (CS)
SW nástroje: TEREX, ROZEX, NBC Analysis
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Tuition takes place in the form of lectures and seminars. The lectures focus on the explanation of basic principles, the methods of the given discipline, problems and example solutions. The seminars mainly support practical mastery of the subject matter presented in lectures or assigned for individual study with the active participation of students.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
The condition for obtaining the credit is 80% attendance at seminars and the production of a semestral project on a given topic concerning risk analysis issues. The exam will take place between the tutor and the student in oral form as a specialised discussion. The credit is a prerequisite for the oral exam.
Language of instruction
1. Introduction to risk analysis
2. Approaches to the identification of undesired phenomena
3. Methods of risk analysis and evaluation, and their implementation
4. Identification, qualification and quantification of risks
5. Approaches to the management of dynamic risks
6. Risks of highly unlikely events (Black Swan)
7. Decision-making concerning risk
8. Risk prediction
9. Uses of risk analysis in technical and economic fields
10. Health and environmental risks of hazardous substances
11. Characteristics of major industrial accidents, and prevention measures
12. Modelling of the impact of accidents
13. Processing of documentation in accordance with the law on the prevention of major accidents, accident planning, the protection of persons and property
Students will acquire knowledge about risk analysis, enabling them to understand the necessity of dealing with the related issues and their importance for society.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Type of course unit
26 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer
26 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer
eLearning: currently opened course