ÚSI-ESSPPAcad. year: 2020/2021
The content of the course is to define the issue of administrative law, public administration, not only from the theoretical and practical point of view. The course defines general, procedural, special and criminal administrative law. The content of the general part of administrative law will be the definition of public administration, its classification, organization of public administration, guarantees of legality, control of public administration. The content of administrative procedural law will be familiarization with individual processes in public administration. The content of a special part of administrative law will then reflect the focus of the study program.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
After successful completion of the subject, students of Administrative Law understand the nature of public administration, the division of public administration, the organization of public administration, and the nature and purpose of administrative procedural law as a part of administrative law. Students have theoretical and practical knowledge of the foundations and specific adaptations of the individual procedural forms of the activities of administrative authorities, they can explain and define the guarantees of legality and describe the checking mechanisms that exist in public administration. They have a knowledge of selected issues concerning the special part of administrative law, and they are able to apply individual institutes to procedures according to the specific provisions of the law.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
SKULOVÁ, Soňa, Petr PRŮCHA, Petr HAVLAN, Jana JURNÍKOVÁ, Stanislav KADEČKA, Alena KLIKOVÁ a Lukáš POTĚŠIL. Správní právo procesní. 3. aktualizované a doplněn. Plzeň: Vydavatelství a nakladatelství Aleš Čeněk, 2017. 421 stran. ISBN 9788073806880.
JURNÍKOVÁ, J.; SKULOVÁ, S.; PRŮCHA, P. a kol. Správní právo: zvláštní část. 2. dotisk 6. doplněného vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2011. 400 s. Edice učebnic Právnické fakulty MU č. 477. ISBN 978-80-210-4847-8.
PRŮCHA, P. Základy správního práva. 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2016. ISBN 978-80-210-8115-4.
PRŮCHA, P. Správní právo, obecná část. 8. doplněné. Brno: Doplněk - Brno, A.Čeněk - Plzeň, 2012. 427 s. ISBN 978-80-7239-281-0.
KLIKOVÁ, A.; HAVLAN, P.; CHADIMA, M. a kol. Správní řád. 2. vyd. Praha: Wolters Kluwer ČR, a. s., 2016. 652 s. Meritum. ISBN 978-80-7478-943-4.
SKULOVÁ, S.; HAVLAN, P.; KLIKOVÁ, A. a kol. Základy správní vědy. 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2014. 216 s. Učebnice -513. ISBN 978-80-210-7335-7.
Pouperová O., Sládeček V., Dienstbier F., Madleňáková L., Škurek M., Vícha O., Pospíšilová S., Frumarová K., Vopařilová M., Gadasová D., Halířová G., Melotíková P. Správní právo. Zvláštní část (vybrané kapitoly). 2014
Frumarová K., Dienstbier F., Halířová G., Horáková M., Kohajda M., Madleňáková L., Matoušek P., Melotíková P., Papoušková Z., Pospíšilová S., Řezníčková K., Sládeček V., Škurek M., Špírková T., Veselá L., Vičarová Hefnerová H., Vícha O., Grygar T. Správní trestání. In Srebalová M., Vačok J. (Eds.) 2017
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching is carried out through lectures that consist of interpretations of basic principles, methodology of given discipline, problems and their exemplary solutions.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Public administration and administrative law (general definition of public administration, state administration, self-government, general concepts of administrative law and public administration). Organization of public administration (central state administration bodies, state administration bodies, professional and interest self-government bodies, self-government bodies).
2. Administrative acts and other forms of activity (functions and methods of public administration, forms of public administration, administrative acts - normative, individual, public contracts, factual acts with direct legal consequences).
3. Legality assurances (individual legality assurance systems). Protection of personal data.
4. Control of public administration (forms of control and their classification according to the authorities that perform it).
5. Administrative proceedings in general (concept and characteristics of administrative proceedings, basic principles of administrative proceedings).
6. Procedures under the Administrative Procedure Code (powers of the Administrative Procedure Code, subjects of administrative procedure, course of administrative procedure, administrative decision, review of administrative decision).
7. Criminal administrative law (correct legal liability for offenses).
8. Public building law (general principles of public building law and its differentiation from private building law, zoning planning, zoning proceedings, its types, procedure, building proceedings, building announcements, buildings without permission and notification, use of buildings, removal of buildings).
9. Cadastre of Real Estate (organization of administration in the field of cadastre, content of administration in the field of cadastre).
10. Protection of cultural monuments (procedures for ensuring the protection of cultural monuments, declaring a building as a cultural monument, special regimes).
11. Internal administration (administration in the field of personal status of population, administration in the field of security and asylum).
12. Administration in the field of transport (rail transport, road transport and road, air transport, shipping).
13. Administration in the field of health care (health care, health insurance). Administration in the field of education (primary, secondary and higher education).
The aim of the course is to provide a theoretical basis of administrative law, both from theoretical and practical point of view, including current changes. The main topics will be taught taking into account the process of ongoing public administration reforms. In terms of the systematic of administrative law as a pedagogical discipline, the subject is then divided into general, procedural and special parts. In the general part, students will learn the general concepts of public administration, the organizational structure of public administration, the basics of dividing public administration into self-government and state administration, forms of public administration activities, control of public administration and general principles of legality assurance. In the procedural part, students will learn the general bases of administrative proceedings and other forms of administrative bodies (public contracts, measures of a general nature). In the special part, students will focus on selected parts and basic concepts and institutes of public administration in the branches of administrative law related to the focus of the study program.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Type of course unit
26 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer
- Správní řád-usi.ppt 4.54 MB
eLearning: currently opened course