ÚSI-ERSTPAcad. year: 2020/2021
The aim of the course is to acquaint students with the issue of public building law and its current changes. In this course, attention will be focused on explaining the basic concepts of public construction law, land use planning, the various procedures of building authorities under the Building Act, with a focus on the amendment of the Building Act in its current form.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
After successful completion of the subject Building Law, students are familiar with basic theoretical and practical knowledge from the area of building law. They are able to explain the connections and relationships between building law and administrative law, they can apply legal regulations to varied real-life cases, they can design solutions for specific individual case studies and they are able to justify the selected case study solutions.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Zákon č. 183/2006 Sb., o územním plánování a stavebním řádu (CS)
Zákon č. 184/2006 Sb. zákon o vyvlastnění (CS)
Zákon č. 186/2006 Sb. o změně zákonů souvisejících s přijetím stavebního zákona a zákona o vyvlastnění (CS)
PRŮCHA, P.; KLIKOVÁ, A. Veřejné stavební právo. 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2014. 158 s. Učebnice -512. ISBN 978-80-210-7062-2 (CS)
KLIKOVÁ, A.; HAVLAN, P. Stavební právo : praktická příručka. 3. aktualiz. vyd. Praha: Linde, 2009. 223 s. ISBN 9788072017645 (CS)
PRŮCHA, P.; GREGOROVÁ, J. Stavební zákon. Praktický komentář. In Stavební zákon. Praktický komentář. první. Praha: Leges Praha, 2017. s. 53-101,381-394,447-454,537-546, 113 s. Leges. ISBN 978-80-7502-180-9 (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching is carried out through lectures that consist of interpretations of basic principles, methodology of given discipline, problems and their exemplary solutions.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Definition of public and private building law.
2. Basic concepts, definitions and institutes of construction law
3. Historical development of construction law (context of recent legislation)
4. Basic overview of the structure of spatial planning (Basic tools of spatial planning - spatial planning materials, spatial development policy)
5. Cooperation of technical infrastructure owners. Authorities involved in proceedings and procedures under the Building Act (protection of cultural monuments, protection of the environment, etc.)
6. Cadastre of Real Estate (organization of administration in the field of cadastre of real estate, content of administration in the field of cadastre of real estate and connection with activities under the Building Act)
7. Territorial decision-making in general, territorial approval
8. Building management. Buildings without permission and notification. Building announcements. Authorized inspector. Public contract.
9. Approbation and use of buildings
10. Removal of buildings. Administrative delicts.
11. Special constructions (constructions of water works, constructions of roads).
12. Construction supervision, powers and duties, special powers of the building authority, selected activities in construction.
13. General requirements for construction, purpose of expropriation, protection of public interests.
The aim of the course is to provide a theoretical basis of the problematics of the public construction law from the theoretical and also practical perspective, current changes are included. Main topics will be taught with consideration of the process of ongoing reforms of public administration. The attention during the course will be focused on the explanation of basic terminology of the public construction law, individual processes of the authorities under the Building Act, with the concentration on town and country planning, the Building Code and relevant issues.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme REI_P Master's, 1. year of study, summer semester, 3 credits, compulsory