CAD - Basic
FSI-3CDAcad. year: 2020/2021
The course introduces students to the possibilities of design in CAD systems. Students will gain practical experience in 2D drawing and 3D modelling in AutoCAD and Inventor CAD systems. They become familiar with the creation of parts and assemblies, adaptivity, parameter setting, volume and surface modelling and drafting.
The course is designed for beginners who have no experience with CAD systems.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
- Ability to process 2D and 3D design documentation in CAD system (AutoCAD, Inventor) using basic tools to support the design process.
- Knowledge of creating parts and assemblies, adaptivity, parametrization, volume and surface modelling and creation of 2D drawing documentation in CAD system.
- Ability to proceed in the creation of design documentation in an optimal way.
- Ability to effectively design, process and modify various design solutions.
Knowledge of the appurtenances of component drawings and assembly units.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
FOŘT, Petr a Jaroslav KLETEČKA. Autodesk Inventor: tvorba digitálních prototypů. 3., aktualiz. vyd. Brno: Computer Press, 2012. Učebnice (Computer Press). ISBN 978-80-251-3728-4. (CS)
FOŘT, Petr a Jaroslav KLETEČKA. AutoCAD 2014: učebnice. Brno: Computer Press, 2014. ISBN 978-80-251-4154-0. (CS)
SPIELMANN, Michal a Jiří ŠPAČEK. AutoCAD: názorný průvodce pro verze 2017 a 2018. Brno: Computer Press, 2017. ISBN 978-80-251-4887-7. (CS)
MUNFORD, Paul. Mastering autodesk inventor 2016 and autodesk inventor lt 2016. 1. Indianapolis, IN: John Wiley, 2015. ISBN 978-111-9059-806. (EN)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The course is taught through exercises which are focused on practical topics presented in lectures.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Course-unit credit requirements: seminar attendance and projects delivery.
Language of instruction
Graduates will be able to do a 2D and 3D design documentation in CAD system (AutoCAD, Inventor) using the basic tools for supporting the construction process.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Attendance at seminars is required and controlled. Maximum of two authorized absences without compensation of lesson are tolerated.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme B-ENE-P Bachelor's, 1. year of study, winter semester, 2 credits, compulsory
- Programme B-STR-P Bachelor's
specialization STR , 1. year of study, winter semester, 2 credits, compulsory
- Programme B3S-P Bachelor's
branch B-PRP , 1. year of study, winter semester, 2 credits, elective
- Programme B-ZSI-P Bachelor's
- Programme B-PDS-P Bachelor's, 1. year of study, winter semester, 2 credits, compulsory
- Programme B-MAI-P Bachelor's, 1. year of study, winter semester, 2 credits, compulsory
- Programme B-PRP-P Bachelor's, 1. year of study, winter semester, 2 credits, elective
- Programme B-FIN-P Bachelor's, 2. year of study, winter semester, 2 credits, compulsory-optional
Type of course unit
26 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer
Ing. Vladimír Čudek, Ph.D.
Ing. Jakub Franke
Ing. Jan Jaroš
Ing. Tomáš Koutecký, Ph.D.
Ing. Martin Krčma
Ing. Jiří Křupka
Ing. Jaroslav List
Ing. Michal Michalec
Ing. Václav Navrátil
Bc. Jakub Nosek
Ing. Jakub Novák
Bc. Lukáš Odehnal
Ing. Vojtěch Polnický
Ing. Jakub Slavíček
Ing. Jan Suchý
Ing. Martin Valena
Ing. Ondřej Vaverka
Ing. Arnošt Vespalec
Ing. František Vlašic, Ph.D.
- Introduction to 3D modelling. AutoCAD - basic functions and settings.
- AutoCAD - layer properties, dimension styles, printing.
- AutoCAD - dimensioning, part drawing and drawing procedure, prototype drawing setup, part drawing.
- Inventor - basic functions and settings, sketch creation, dimensioning, parameterization and editing.
- Creating of 3D geometry, extrusion and rotation.
- 3D modelling - cosmetic changes. Fillets, chamfers, rotation.
- Advanced modelling - drawing, shell, patterning, material choice.
- Assembly, welding, adaptability.
- Sheet metal modelling - styles, surface, profile bending, cutting.
- Drawing documentation - basic view, dimensioning, cut, partial cut.
eLearning: currently opened course