Introduction to Graphical Programming in LabVIEW
FSI-VG0Acad. year: 2020/2021
Principles of graphical programming and application development in graphical programming language LabVIEW. Program loops, timed loops, loops synchronization, real-time application design and development. Multifunctional HW, measurement, operation, control and communication using. Development of maintainable and reusable code, refactoring.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Ability of problem analysis, design and implementation of DAQ and control applications in LabVIEW. Students is ready for CLAD certified exams.
Basic knowledge of algorithm development and electrical automatic control equipments.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
LabVIEW LabVIEW Fundamentals, National Instruments, August 2005, Part Number 374029A-01 dostupné z www.ni.com
Getting Started with NI LabVIEW Student Training, National Instruments, dostupné z http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/7466
LabVIEW Measurements Manual, National Instruments, April 2003 Edition, Part Number 322661B-01, dostupné z www.ni.com
LabVIEW Core 1 Course Manual, National Instruments, August 2010 Edition, Part Number 325290B-01
LabVIEW Core 2 Course Manual, National Instruments, October 2009 Edition, Part Number 325292A-01
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The course is taught through practical laboratory work.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Functional project in form of application consisting of HW configuration, control loop and UI.
Language of instruction
The aim of the course is to familiarize students with the graphical programming language and development of DAQ, control and real-time applications.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Attendance at seminars is required.
Type of course unit
39 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer
1. Introduction to LabVIEW environment
2. Hardware configuration (DAQ, communication busses, cameras)
3. Simple application, measurement and operating fundamentals
4. Errors and program debugging
5. Loops, timings and conditions
6. Data types and its utilization
7. Parallel working of multiple loops
8. Synchronization and access controls of sources
9. Events, asynchronous data processing and UI
10. Files I/O, data records and analyses
11. Application design methodology
12. Refactoring and code maintenance, application distribution
13. Project finishing, credit