Spatial data acquisition and processing
FAST-DEB056Acad. year: 2020/2021
or each technology, it is necessary to realize the following:
Design of the device / system, parameters of the sensors used and measuring units with respect to the use, accuracy characteristics. Economic and time costs. integration with other technologies.
Institute of Geodesy (GED)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Very good knowledge of the aforementioned technologies from bachelor and master studies.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Polar method, automated data collection for monitoring.
2. Global navigation satellite systems.
3. Photogrammetric methods.
4. Laser scanning.
5. Mobile mapping systems.
6. Special systems – remote cameras, SLAM.
7. Methods of processing geodetic data.
8. Data processing methods from laser scanners.
9. Methods of processing photogrammetric data.
10. Tools for analyzing results, searching for remote measurements.
11.–13. Tutorials for current topics and data sample processing.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme DKC-GK Doctoral, 1. year of study, winter semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DPA-GK Doctoral, 1. year of study, winter semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DKA-GK Doctoral, 1. year of study, winter semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DPC-GK Doctoral, 1. year of study, winter semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
Type of course unit
39 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer