FAST-DEB055Acad. year: 2020/2021
Fundamentals of physical and geometrical geodesy. Development of electronic geodetic instruments. Theoretical principles of electronic theodolites, distance meters, levelling instruments, satellite and inertial systems. Testing of electronic geodetic instruments. Atmospheric refraction influences in geodetic measurements. Automation of measurements and data processing. Data corrections and reductions to projection planes. Integrated measuring systems. Fundamentals of 3D geodesy. Local and global coordinate systems. Coordinate transformations. Quality analysis of accuracy of measurement results. Analysis of special software products for all principal kinds of surveying tasks.
Institute of Geodesy (GED)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Knowledge of survey and calculation approaches in geodesy.
Adjustment of network and thery of errors.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
Time-table of lectures will be modified in dependence on thematic focus of registered students.
1.-6. Lectures (6 lectures from following list)
- General principles of physical and geometric geodesy. Theory and testing of electronic geodetic instruments.
- Atmospheric refraction and its influences on geodetic measurements.
- Data corrections and reductions in geodesy (geometrical as same as physical one).
- Automation of measurements and data processing.
- Integrated measuring systems.
- Principles of 3D geodesy.
- Transformation of coordinates, qualitu analysis of identical points and transformation results.
- Accuracy determination on high accuracy measurements.
- Theory and testing of electronic geodetic instruments.
7. Semestral work specification
13. Semestral work delivery (cca 20 pages)
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme DPC-GK Doctoral, 1. year of study, winter semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DPA-GK Doctoral, 1. year of study, winter semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DKA-GK Doctoral, 1. year of study, winter semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DKC-GK Doctoral, 1. year of study, winter semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
Type of course unit
39 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer