Methods and legal aspects of scientific work and research
FAST-DVA069Acad. year: 2020/2021
The subject includes the issues of scientific training, the position of scientist and scientific knowledge, employee scientific works, business inventions, school works, works on the hire, legal aspects of research and development, public financial support for research and development, rights and obligations in research and development.
Institute of Structural Economics and Management (EKR)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. The importance of scientific training, types of knowledge, scientific idea, scientist, scientific knowledge, scientific law; scientific infrastructure.
2. Signs of scientific and scientific concepts, general scientific methods, general philosophical methods.
3. Signs of scientific and scientific concepts, general scientific methods, general philosophical methods.
4. Components of scientific work – title, abstract, keywords, introduction, aim of work, literary research.
5. Components of scientific work – methodology, own work, results, conclusion, used literary sources.
6. Data acquisition methods, primary data, secondary data.
7. Methods of data processing, hypothesis validation, conclusions.
8. Scientific Freedom, Science Competition and Torts.
9. Public moral science and its principles, scientific integrity (legal aspects of ethics of research and development).
10. Public R & D and public financial support for research and development.
11. Commitments in research and development.
12. Rights to research and development results.
13. Summary of substance, topic discussion, final evaluation.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme DKC-E Doctoral, 1. year of study, summer semester, 2 credits, compulsory
- Programme DPA-E Doctoral, 1. year of study, summer semester, 2 credits, compulsory
- Programme DKA-E Doctoral, 1. year of study, summer semester, 2 credits, compulsory
- Programme DPC-E Doctoral, 1. year of study, summer semester, 2 credits, compulsory