FAST-DVB070Acad. year: 2020/2021
The course will focus on the presentation of current theoretical trends in corporate finance and its feasibility in practice. The main themes included in the subject teaching will be based on the theory of value management in business finance, i.e. in particular the presentation of approaches to determining the value of an enterprise, the study of mergers and acquisitions, optimisation of capital structure of a company, determination of capital costs, business performance factors and the enterprise's payment risk.
Institute of Structural Economics and Management (EKR)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Knowledge of business finance at Masters level.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Approaches to defining financial goals of enterprises from different aspects, including behavioral
2.-3. Measuring and evaluating business performance
4-6. Identify value of businesses and identify value drivers
7.-9. Capital structure of enterprises and their stability, determination of capital costs
10.-11. Efficiency of mergers and acquisitions and their measurement
12.-13. Business Stability Management and Bankruptcy Prediction.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme DKC-E Doctoral, 1. year of study, summer semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DPA-E Doctoral, 1. year of study, summer semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DKA-E Doctoral, 1. year of study, summer semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DPC-E Doctoral, 1. year of study, summer semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
Type of course unit
39 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer