Investment Projects Management
FAST-DVB074Acad. year: 2020/2021
Simulation and modeling of investment projects. Specifics of the evaluation of investment projects by sector and branch. Risk analysis and risk management of investment projects. Expected values of economic efficiency indicators using the Monte Carlo simulation.
Institute of Structural Economics and Management (EKR)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Knowledge within the scope of study programme Civil Engineering, field Civil Engineering Management
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Simulation and modeling of investment projects - general theory.
2. Legislative requirements related to the preparation and implementation of investment projects in the Czech Republic.
3. Private investment projects, development projects.
4. Public sector investment plans, building construction projects.
5. Public sector investment plans, engineering civil engineering projects.
6. Specifics of evaluation of investment projects for motorway and road infrastructure, utilization of model HDM-4.
7. Specifics of the evaluation of railway infrastructure projects.
8. Specifics of evaluation of water infrastructure projects.
9. Risk management of projects, Monte Carlo simulation, statistical analysis of data, preparation of input data.
10.-11. Monte Carlo Simulation (Using Crystal Ball Software) - Custom calculation, interpretation of output data.
12. Case studies - private sector project, lecture from practice.
13. Case study - public sector project, lecture from practice.
Simulation and modelling of structural investment projects in private and public sector in risk and uncertainty conditions.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme DPC-E Doctoral, 2. year of study, winter semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DPA-E Doctoral, 2. year of study, winter semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DKA-E Doctoral, 2. year of study, winter semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DKC-E Doctoral, 2. year of study, winter semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
Type of course unit
39 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer