FAST-DPB027Acad. year: 2020/2021
Subject focus on advanced wastewater treatment technology with regards to nutrient removal, activated sludge bulking, removal of heavily degraded substances, anaerobic wastewater treatment and studge desinfection.
Institute of Municipal Water Management (VHO)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student will manage advanced wastewater treatment, nutrient removal, activated sludge bulking, anaerobic wastewater treatment and sludge desinfection.
Chemistry and water technology, treatment of municipal and industrial wastewater.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Advanced Wastewater Treatment – Introduction.
2. Removal of Nitrogen by Nitrification abńd Denitrification.
3. Biological Phosphorus Removal.
4. Bulking of Activated sludge.
5. Removal of Toxic and Heavily Degraded Substances.
6. Design of Anaerobic Processes for Wastewater Treatment.
7. Anaerobic-Aerobic Wastewater Treatment.
8. Desinfection of Wastewater and Sludge.
9. Wastewater Reuse and Recycling.
10. Economy of Wastewater Treatment.
11. Control and Diagnosis of Wastewater Treatment Plant Operation.
12. Mathematical Models for Biological Treatment Processes.
13. Automation and Control of Wastewater Treatment Plants.
Advanced wastewater treatment, nutrient removal, activated sludge bulking, anaerobic wastewater treatment, sludge desinfection.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme DPC-V Doctoral, 1. year of study, summer semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DPA-V Doctoral, 1. year of study, summer semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DKA-V Doctoral, 1. year of study, summer semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DKC-V Doctoral, 1. year of study, summer semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
Type of course unit
39 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer