Use of Geographic information systems in Water management
FAST-DSB028Acad. year: 2020/2021
The GIS offers many tools for solving the problem of watershed and nature protection.
Institute of Landscape Water Management (VHK)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The student will obtain information about using of Geografic information systems in Water management, focused on complex digital solution of complex project of watershed protection and drainage.
Hydraulic, hydrology, land consolidation.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Landscape GIS, Digital maps operation.
2. Digital data,GIS application in watermanagement system,GIS products for Watermanagement and Environmental protection.
3. GIS spatial analyssis.
4. Digital elevation modela,Atlas DEM, Erosion and hydrolic application.
5. GIS analyssis for hydrolic modelling.
6. GIS fom Watermanagement – general owerview,GIS application for river basin management organizations.
7.–13. GIS for water resources protection,water-supply system and canalization sewer system,GIS for cadaster register of real estate land consolidation and town and country planning.
The goal of education in GIS system is to provide basic information for students about the principles of digital data and technologies.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme DPC-V Doctoral, 2. year of study, winter semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DPA-V Doctoral, 2. year of study, winter semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DKA-V Doctoral, 2. year of study, winter semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DKC-V Doctoral, 2. year of study, winter semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
Type of course unit
39 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer