Landscape engineering and hydrotechnical melioration
FAST-DSB025Acad. year: 2020/2021
History and development of drainage structures, need and asset of drainage structures. watershed protection in water management and agriculture, drainage theory, surface and underground runoff, hydrotechnical calculations, modelling of the drainage process, design, operation and use of drainage structures
Theory of erosion processes, erosion factors, runoff modelling, consequences of concentrated runoff, water courses protection
Institute of Landscape Water Management (VHK)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The student will obtain information about complex system of Landscape engineering and hydrotechnical melioration in the watershed, focused on digital solution.
Hydrology, Hydropedology,Landscape water management
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Introduction of subject.
2. Drainage assessment, water regime of wet soils.
3. Kinds of drainage, surface drainage channel and its arrangement.
4. Drainage, arrangement,deep and spacing of drains.
5. Special kinds of drainage, konstruction of drains, parameters of drains.
6. Wishmeier USLE equation.
7. Erosion and sediment transport modells.
8. SCS runoff curve number methods.
9. Complex soil and water conservation.
10. Technical and biotechnical methodes.
11. Design of basic parameters of measures.
13. Water resource protection, protection zone, revized zones.
Detailed theoretical and practical introduction with complex system of landscape engineering and hydrotechnical melioration, soil erosion and flood control in the watershed and drainage, focused on digital solution of complex project of watershed protection and drainage.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme DPC-V Doctoral, 2. year of study, winter semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DPA-V Doctoral, 2. year of study, winter semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DKA-V Doctoral, 2. year of study, winter semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DKC-V Doctoral, 2. year of study, winter semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
Type of course unit
39 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer