FAST-DSB022Acad. year: 2020/2021
Fundaments of stochastic hydrology, modeling of artificial flow series, modelling of synthetic rainfall, problems of temporal and spatial rainfall distribution, meteorological radars and meteorological satelites, numerical meteorological prediction models, models of rainfall - runoff process in small and big river basins, operative prediction of river basin runoff, extreme flows
Institute of Landscape Water Management (VHK)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Doktorand gains knowledge for applikation stochastic hydrology and operative hydrology methods in thesis
Basic knowledge of higher mathematics, statistics and probability theory, physics. Detailed knowledge of hydrology (magister study level)
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Fundaments of stochastic hydrology.
2. Modeling of artificial flow series.
3. Modelling of synthetic rainfall.
4. Assessment of spatial distribution of rainfall above the river basin.
5. Meteorological radars and meteorological satelites.
6. Numerical meteorological prediction models.
7. Models of rainfall – runoff process in small small river basins.
8. Models of rainfall – runoff process in big river basins.
9.–11. Operative prediction of river basin runoff.
12.–13. Extreme flows.
Ability of detailed orientation in problems of hydrology, independent solution of difficult hydrological tasks, theoretical knowledge for following PhD. study aimed at water management problems
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme DPC-V Doctoral, 1. year of study, summer semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DPA-V Doctoral, 1. year of study, summer semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DKA-V Doctoral, 1. year of study, summer semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DKC-V Doctoral, 1. year of study, summer semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
Type of course unit
39 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer