FAST-DPB028Acad. year: 2020/2021
For Water Quality Wastewater Treatment is prerequisite. The goal is to introduce basic characteristic of water, hydrobiology, kind of pollution and its effects and methods of water quality evaluation. Ground, surface and rain water is discussed. Important part is breakdown on surface and ground water, its elimination, control of water quality and legislation for protection of water in Czech republic. The last part deals with water quality modelling (QUAL2E).
Institute of Municipal Water Management (VHO)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student will manage problems of contamination of rain, surface and ground water and mathematical modelling of water quality.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Preamble, importance and function of water, history.
3. Substances endangering quality of waters, changes of water quality, offending substances.
4. Substances endangering quality of waters, municipal wastewater, sewage water, rain water, industry water.
5. Rain water, pollution, acid rain, rain water pollution effect to water quality.
6. Ground water, pollution, migration and self purification, diffusion of pollution.
7. Ground water, protection of ground water, hydro geological exploration, measures to ground water protection.
8. Surface water, purity and pollution, self purification, oxygen balance in rivers.
9. Surface water, oxygen regime in rivers, mixing, quality of water and classification of water, wastewater disposal to surface water.
10. Mathematical modeling of water quality in rivers.
11. Mathematical modeling of water quality in reservoirs.
12. Emergency state in water quality, apportionment of accident, course of accident, solution of accident
13. Protection of water in Czech Republic.
Watér characteristic, contamination of rain, surface and ground water. Mathematical modelling of water quality.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme DPC-V Doctoral, 1. year of study, summer semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DPA-V Doctoral, 1. year of study, summer semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DKA-V Doctoral, 1. year of study, summer semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DKC-V Doctoral, 1. year of study, summer semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
Type of course unit
39 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer