Sewerage Systems – town drainage
FAST-DPB030Acad. year: 2020/2021
The subject deals in detail with drainage of urbanized units in connection with hydrological, hydraulic and other aspects (construction and technological problems of sewerage network construction, etc.) Materials of sewer networks. Reliability and management of sewer systems. Basic normative documents for designing, assessing and managing drainage of urbanized units. The preparation of the graduates of the subject is focused on work in the broader area (ie preparation of the student for the areas of project activity, construction, legislation, engineering activities) of water management.
Institute of Municipal Water Management (VHO)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student will manage aim of course: planning, design, operating and rehabilitation of sewer networks including hydroinformatics.
Hydraulics, Hydrology, Utility Networks, Chemistry and Water Technology, Sewerage
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Introduction to the problems and meet with the topics and basic concepts.
2. Sorts of sewerage systems and their schematics.
3. Assesment of design discharge of sewerages.
4. Assesment of design discharge of rainy sewerage water and processing udometric data.
5. Hydraulics - summary axiom for non-pressure streaming.
6. Pipe materials of sewerage networks and objects on sewerage networks.
7. Sewer connections, overfow and rainy basin.
8. Verification of watertightness on sewerage networks.
9. Servicing and maintenance of sewerage networks.
10. Non-traditional means of sewers (pressure, vacual and small-profile sewerage).
11. Build-up of sewerage networks.
12. Rehabilitation of sewerage networks.
13. Information about examinations, exercise in examine problems.
The subject bears informations on sewerage net and about drainage of urbanized areas. Object introduce with procedure design of sewerage systems and with related legislative and with problems at build-up sewerage systems. Next subject bears with detailed processing of calculation for proposal dimensions of sewerage systems.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme DPC-V Doctoral, 2. year of study, winter semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DPA-V Doctoral, 2. year of study, winter semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DKA-V Doctoral, 2. year of study, winter semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DKC-V Doctoral, 2. year of study, winter semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
Type of course unit
39 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer