FAST-DRB023Acad. year: 2020/2021
The study includes mainly flow of newton fluids, partly also problems of unnewton fluids flow. Theoretical bases of kinematics of viscous fluids - three main equations. Up to date knowledge of pressure system flow and open channels in steady and unsteady regime.
Institute of Water Structures (VST-VST)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Physics, hydraulics, mathematics, specialized courses of water management
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Fluid continuum.
2.–3. Kinematics of fluids – basic equation for viscous fluid.
4. Movement range.
5. Phenonmenon similitude.
6. Local loss of energy, singularities.
7.–8. Open channel flow.
9. Hydraulic jumps in divergent stilling pools.
10. Bridges, weirs in extreme hydrologic conditions.
11.–12. Flow in diffusion régime.
13. Unnewton models.
Improvement of hydraulics, particulary of flow with complicated structure. Gain knowledge is applicable in designing and mainly research activities together with application of mathematical models of fluid flow.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme DPC-V Doctoral, 1. year of study, summer semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DPA-V Doctoral, 1. year of study, summer semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DKA-V Doctoral, 1. year of study, summer semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme DKC-V Doctoral, 1. year of study, summer semester, 8 credits, compulsory-optional
Type of course unit
39 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer