Selected Chapters from Building Constructions 2
FAST-NHB055Acad. year: 2020/2021
The course is focused on certain building types in the field of building design and special requirements put onto the structures of those building. Students are to learn about garages and parking places, single storey buildings, chosen commercial and agricultural buildings, and at last also about wooden houses. Students are to receive knowledge regarding architectural, typological and structural viewpoints of previously mentioned building types.
Institute of Building Structures (PST)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The Students will use the acquired knowledge in building physics (thermal engineering, acoustics and daylighting inside buildings), fire safety of buildings and civil engineering, acquired by completing the prescribed courses in previous studies.
In the course of study the student will use of knowledge of the subject Design Detail and Modern Building Materials.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Garages, parking places, parking systems – structural systems, structural solutions.
2. Pre-primary education – Nursery schools, primary and secondary schools.
3. Sports - Gyms and sporting facilities,
4. Indoor swimming pools.
5. Healthcare - Healthcare centres.
7. Agricultural buildings – horse stables and riding arenas, sheep housing.
8. Agricultural buildings – beef and pig housing from breeding to raising.
9. Agricultural buildings – poultry far building and hutches for furred animals.
10. Wooden houses – general overview of wood based building, special design requirements of wooden houses.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans