Selected articles from Building Structures (R)
FAST-NHB056Acad. year: 2020/2021
The content of subject is envelope and constructions of buildings – external walls and roof constructions, their material and constructional variants – classical and modern options. Relating themes are external plumbing and roofing, placing and fixing of components in window and door openings.
Institute of Building Structures (PST)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Knowledge od the design of the clear and specific flat or pitched roof above various thermal and moisture internal environment. Waterproof layer design of substructures. Ability of the detailed design and material design of terraces, roof parking lots and green roofs.
Technical terminology, basic requirements to various types of building (functional, structural and architectural), basic knowledge about constructional systems, competence to choice of system commensurate with type of building, spatial stiffness provision of constructional system. Drawing knowledge of basic constructional types, competence of building drawings reading.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Design of foundation structures in complex foundation conditions.
2.-3. Vertical building envelope.
4. Design of stairs with respect to modern materials and construction systems.
5. Sloping roofs.
6. Flat roofs.
7. Hall buildings.
8. Energy legislation, energy performance assessment of the building.
9. Houses with near zero consumption, renewable energy sources.
10. Ventilation, airtightness of building envelope.
11. Sound insulation of building structures. Assessment of air and impact noise.
12. Room acoustics, sound absorption. Reverberation time in the room.
13. Shading diagram and insolation assessment. Daylighting of buildings, daylighting factor.
A design of the clear and specific flat or pitched roof above various thermal and moisture internal environment. Waterproof layer design of substructures. Knowledge of the detailed design and material design of terraces, roof parking lots, heliports and green roofs. The issue of details. A basic overview of the structural and building physics principles.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme NPC-SIR Master's, 1. year of study, winter semester, 3 credits, compulsory-optional