Modelling in 3D
FAST-NUB021Acad. year: 2020/2021
Working in 3D space: managing views and visual styles, working with viewports and coordinate systems.
Using of drawing and modifying commands in space.
3D modelling – basic solids, solids and surfaces generated by curves, surfaces derived from surfaces, meshes.
Modifying 3D objects.
Photorealistic displaying: materials, lights, shadows, scenes, rendering.
Institute of Computer Aided Engineering and Computer Science (AIU)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Advanced skills in drawing documentation.
Working skills of 3D objects modelling and their visualization.
Modeling in 2D in CAD systems.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. The introduction to course and 3D modelling.
2. Simple surfaces.
4. Basic solids and their modifing.
6. Modelling objects from curves
7. Surfaces derived from other surfaces.
8. Projection curves on surfaces, sections.
9. Perspective, cameras, animations.
10. Lights, shadows, rendering.
Modelling in 3D space, basics of rendering
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme NPC-GK Master's, 2. year of study, winter semester, 4 credits, compulsory-optional