Space Geodesy 2
FAST-NEA035Acad. year: 2020/2021
Dynamic of satellite orbit in gravity field - problem of two bodies.
Disturbed and undisturbed satellite motion.
Methods of satellites observation and the data processing.
Global navigational satellite systems with particular view to GPS and their application.
Other techniques of satellite geodesy(SLR, satellite altimetry, DORIS, satellite Earth gravity missions).
Institute of Geodesy (GED)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students got wider knowledges in field of space geodesy.
Kinematics and dynamics of motion, Newton‘s laws of motion, Newton‘s gravitational law, law of refraction and reflection of the light, wave dispersion, methods of modulation of waves, field of dissipative forces, physical conditions in Earth‘s atmosphere.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Problem of two bodies, Kepler’s laws.
2. Disturbed and undisturbed satellite movement.
3. Optical and electronic observation methods of tracking satellites.
4. Propagation of electro-magnetic signal in Earth's atmosphere
5. GPS – system description.
6. GPS – code and phase observations
7. GPS – application in surveying.
8. Other satellite navigation systems, receivers, related institutions.
9. Satellite altimetry, satellite Earth gravity missions, Earth Gravity Models.
10. Other techniques of satellite geodesy (SLR, DORIS).
Introduction with spatial geodesy, particularly with satellite geodesy. Students become familiar with dynamism of satellite motion in gravitational field, with methods of terrestrial satellites tracking and results processing.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme NPC-GK Master's, 1. year of study, summer semester, 4 credits, compulsory