Pedagogy for Engineers
FAST-NZB011Acad. year: 2020/2021
Pedagogy, pedagogy for engineers, general didactics, specialised didactics, curriculum, key competences, frame educational programme, teaching aims, teaching methods, activating teaching methods, didactic principles, humanising tendencies, organisational forms of teaching process, didactic aids, literature with didactic function, teacher's preparation for teaching, pedagogical diagnostics, didactic tests, analysis of textbooks, research in educational sciences, school direction, school management, school climate, creative teaching, anthropogenic factors of teaching, dichotomy in education and teaching, teaching realisation, interaction and communication in educational environment, idealisation of the state of education.
Institute of Social Sciences (SPV)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Knowledge didactic principles in education of specialised subjects. Theoretic view to realization of teaching process in specialised engineering subjects at secondary schools.
Common orientation in pedagogy, pedagogy for engineers and didactics, interest in education and teaching, communication in educational reality, recognising of teaching methods of teachers, sensitivity and responsiveness to teaching direction process, description of didactic principles in teaching, observation of teaching methods, ability to make preparation for public speech and pedagogic performance, coping of stage fright, ability to create elementary researches in education reality and their processing, attempt to recognize educational reality from student's and teacher's view.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Introduction to pedagogy and pedagogy for engineers and its relation to specialised didactics. Connections with other sciences.
2. Historical development changes of pedagogy. Overview of pedagogical discourses and personalities.
3. Curriculum and its importance for pedagogy. Curriculum realisation in teaching praxis. Frame educational programme.
4. Didactic principles, humanising tendencies. Teaching process and its rules. Selection and structuring of subject matter.
5. Lesson typology and structure. Phases of teaching. Types of teaching. Didactical models.
6. Teaching methods - summary and classification. Activating teaching methods. Assessing, importance, optimal choice of methods.
7. Organisational forms of teaching. Summary and classification. Description of chosen forms. Didactic aids.
8. Educational aims. Teacher's preparation for pedagogical activities. Education direction, school management.
9. Pedagogical diagnostics, pedagogical evaluation. Right creation of didactic tests and evaluation of their parameters.
10. Literature with didactic function. Educational texts, their analysis, creation and assessing, optimisation.
11. Teacher's personality of specialised subjects. The theory of teaching profession. Professiogram of a teacher of specialised subjects.
12. Anthropogenic factors of education. Traditional and alternative systems. Courses and personalities. Agreements and differences.
13. Specifics and peculiarities of teaching process in specialised subjects. Idealisation of the state of education system.
Orientation in theoretic pedagogic and didactic terminology, processes and paradigms used for engineers who want to be in resort of education. This course meets with foundations of teacher´s profession. It is suitable for students who think about teacher´s job in future or who want to teach in specialised secondary school externally.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
Type of course unit
26 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer