FAST-NWB029Acad. year: 2020/2021
Use of new, non-traditional, special and experimental construction materials, technologies and methods. New technologies and modern ways of constructing buildings and also engineering structures. Specific aspects of the construction of energy-saving buildings, the utilisation of modern insulation materials and their composition, surface finishes and user technologies in buildings. Special procedures employed during demolition work and recycling, usage of modern anchoring techniques and supporting structures. Application of selected construction technologies at a real-world construction site.
Institute of Technology, Mechanisation and Construction Management (TST)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
By mastering the course the students will acquire basic knowledge of new materials applied by building companies. The materials are presented in lectures by their producers together with manners of their application based on scientific knowledge.
Knowledge from the area of building materials and construction technology.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Current trends in construction technology, possibilities and visions, contents of scientific research activities at the Faculty of Civil Engineering at BUT.
2. New technologies and modern options for the construction of buildings.
3. Modern materials and technologies for the execution of engineering structures.
4. Energetically self-sufficient buildings, passive houses, ecotechnology, their real-world use and execution.
5. New materials and insulation technologies: against water, against radon, thermal insulation including systems providing additional thermal insulation to building envelope structures, new outer shell technologies.
6. Current options for the use of anchoring techniques in civil engineering. Protective and supporting structures.
7. Trenchless technologies and the reconstruction of underground utility networks.
8. New options for the surface treatment of engineering structures.
9. Demolition of reinforced concrete structures and recycling of materials.
10. Construction readiness for the implementation of special technologies as part of the interior equipment of buildings used for fire and safety protection and the conveyance of data distribution wiring.
·Making the student acquainted with new technology procedures, application of new materials and stuffs. To the lectures company representatives are regularly invited to demonstrate special application of new materials based on the latest knowledge of the science. Specific characteristics of these materials are referred to as well as possible differences in application compared to traditional technology processes.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme NPC-SIR Master's, 2. year of study, winter semester, 4 credits, compulsory-optional