Construction Project Planning
FAST-NWA014Acad. year: 2020/2021
The subject analyses and explains the necessity of construction technology planning, their classification and the connections between them. It deals with methods of processing construction technology planning documentation and its content at the investment stage of a construction project and during preparations for building production. It contains the principles governing the creation of a budget for a construction project and the use of BIM technologies for the preparation and management of construction execution.
Institute of Technology, Mechanisation and Construction Management (TST)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The students will master the objective of the Construction Technology Planning (R )course, they become acquainted with fundamentals of the construction technology preparation and they learn elaboration of the respective basic documents.
Students are required to have a basic understanding of the planning of construction execution and a basic knowledge of engineering economics. The topic taught is also linked to knowledge from the area of the mechanical equipment and techniques used in construction sub-processes and building execution.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Construction technology planning as an element of project management. Definition, meaning, material supply planning and time scheduling and connections to other activities conducted by a building company; related legislative regulations.
2. Theory of and methods used in the production of a construction technology planning study of the execution of the main technical stages of construction execution.
3. Time planning for a construction project, time and financial planning for a construction project divided up with regard to the execution of individual structures.
4. Classification and contents of documentation produced as part of a contractor’s production planning , methods used.
5. Design of construction site facilities, technical documentation.
6. Principles for the proposal and evaluation of the main lifting devices at the site, taking into account their time utilization.
7. Principles governing and options for an operational plan for construction execution, methods of coordinating the provision of necessary resources for the construction project, arrangement of outsourced sub-deliveries , and cooperation.
8. Creation of a budget for a building contract.
9. Calculation of the price of construction work.
10. Proposal of a budget bid with regard to tenders.
11. Use of BIM technologies in construction technology planning. The types of processes, equipment, software solutions and risks associated with the introduction of BIM. Theoretical options for the use of modelling in the future.
12. Construction management tools utilizing BIM technologies. Legislative regulations, technical standards and standards related to BIM technologies.
13 Practical usage of BIM technologies in construction technology planning and management at real construction sites. BIM from the perspective of sustainable building construction. Use of augmented reality technology as part of a construction site manager´s activities.
The objective of course is to make the students acquainted with the principles of building- technological preparation and to learn them to elaborate its basic documentation. The students obtain knowledge in the area of building-technological planning, resulting in the knowledge how to elaborate the documents for the construction preparation and realization especially from the point of view of the building contractor.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme NPC-SIR Master's, 1. year of study, winter semester, 5 credits, compulsory