Law in the Area of Civil Engineering Business
FAST-NVA027Acad. year: 2020/2021
This course is cross-sectional course. It is oriented to branches of law with problems in civil engineering business in the Czech Republic. Legislation interpretation explains discretions, duties and legal consequences associated with these activities. The rules for exercise activities in civil engineering and kinds of business licences are determined.
Institute of Structural Economics and Management (EKR)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Knowledge of law focused on problems in civil engineering business in the Czech Republic.
None special knowledge is requested. The course connects general knowledge from bachelor study at non-law faculties.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Legal regulation of business.
2. Forms and types of business.
3. Behavior of the entrepreneur.
4. Registration and notification obligation of entrepreneurs.
5. Rights and obligations related to trade.
6. Construction business covered by the Trade Act and the Building Act.
7. Types of activities and organizational structure of legal entities.
8. Fundamental rights and obligations of members of statutory and other bodies of corporations.
The aim of this cross-sectional course is to inform the students about branches of law focused on problems in civil engineering business in the Czech Republic.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme NPC-SIR Master's, 1. year of study, summer semester, 3 credits, compulsory