FAST-NTB030Acad. year: 2020/2021
Introduction to the subject mechanics liquids. Basic equations water flow: Bernoulli, Chézy, Darcy-Weisbach etcr. Water flow in pressure pipeline systems, laminar and turbulent flow. Shock waves in pipes, direct and indirect hydraulic shock. Time slope of shock wave.
Institute of Building Services (TZB)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The student upgrade his knowledge of hydraulics, especially about water flow in pressure systems.
Physics, mathematics and basic plumbing systems and heating.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Introduction, basic terms, fluid properties. Hydrostatics and relative calm of fluid.
2. Hydrodynamics, types of fluids, continuity equation. Ideal fluid flow.
3. Measurement of velocity and pressure.
4. Flow of viscous fluids.
5. Laminar flow in the pipe.
6. Turbulent flow.
7. Pressure loss due to friction. Pressure loss of local resistence.
8. Unsteady motion of fluids. Flow in channels.
9. Computational fluid dynamics – CFD method.
10. Internal and external aerodynamice.
Basic information on fluid behaviours and effect, phenomenon generated in water flow in pressure systems.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme NPC-SIS Master's, 2. year of study, winter semester, 5 credits, compulsory-optional