Water Management Systems Control
FAST-NSB017Acad. year: 2020/2021
Basic characters of water management systems, principle of construction and operation of water management dispatchinks, general control model and regulating circuit, in-line control, on-line control and off-line control, dynamic properties of water management systems, control in real time and operative control of water management structures, collecting, transmission and data processing, model design of supply and flood protection function of water management systems and their operation, remote setting of regulating valves.
Institute of Landscape Water Management (VHK)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student gains basic knowledge of control of water runoff from the river basin with the help of water management systems
and ability to set up models of operative control of supply and protection functions of water management system.
Basic knowledge of mathematics, hydrology and hydraulics.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Dynamic properties of water management systems, common control model and its modification.
2. Control of water management system in real time (operative control), regulation circuit, in-line, on-line and off-line type of control.
3. Water management dispatchink, structure, collecting, transmission and processing of data, practice examples.
4. Controlling algorithms usable for control of water management systems and application of adaptive approach.
5.–8. The design of the model for operation simulation of water supply function of the water management system.
9.–13. The design of the model for operation simulation of flood protective function of the water management system.
Basic knowledge dealing with control of water runoff from the river basin with the help of water management systems
Ability to set up models of operative control of supply function of water management system
Ability to set up models of operative control of water management system protection function
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme NPC-SIV Master's, 1. year of study, summer semester, 4 credits, compulsory-optional