Realisation of Water Structures
FAST-NRA018Acad. year: 2020/2021
Planning, designing and realization development of structures. Preparation work at a site. Rock and earthwork, special foundation engineering. Carpenter and cabinetmaker works, boarding of the structures and elements, concrete work - concrete production, transport, deposition and tending.
Digging of a tube ditch, trenchless technology, pipe work. Transport in and out of the site. Operational and social equipment of the site, construction yard and line structures site organization. Main responsibility of technical stuff and works foreman during the construction phase, occupational safety. Operational evidence of the structures.
Institute of Water Structures (VST-VST)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Knowledge in following areas:
- realisation of particular types of civil structures,
- usage and application of proper types of mechanisms and devices,
- time schedule of construction.
Mechanic-physical properties of earth materials, principle s of structures foundation, principles of concrete structures design.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Structure planning, staging.
2. Design of open foundation pit.
3. Coffer dam, site drainage, site pumps.
4. Rock and earthwork – cubage determination, construction technology, deployment of mechanisms, accomplishment calculation.
5. Concrete work – division of operating and dilatation block Technology of realization, deployment of mechanisms.
6. Site transport design.
7. Design of site equipment.
8. Finishing works.
9. Building works schedule assembly.
10. Safety regulations.
Realisation of particular types of civil structures, usage and application of proper types of mechanisms and devices. Time schedule of construction. Principles of safety and protection of health in work process.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme NPC-SIV Master's, 2. year of study, winter semester, 6 credits, compulsory