Industrial Wastewater Treatment
FAST-NPB021Acad. year: 2020/2021
Subject is concerned to wastewater treatment. Main aim is to interpret industrial wastewater treatment technologies. After two introductory chapters dealing with alternative schemes of industrial wastewater treatment plants follow chapters elaborating in detail: processing of sugar, producing of drinkables, processing of fruit and vegetables, processing of meat and poultry, dairy industry. Graduate students are introduced with technology of processing uniform products, with source of wastewaters, recommended technologies of treatment and designed characteristics.
Institute of Municipal Water Management (VHO)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student will manage wastewater treatment focused to food processing industry.
Chemistry and water technology, wastewater treatment.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Preamble to wastewater treatment from food industry.
2. Technologies of production, source of wastewater, recommended treatment technologies, alternative schemes of industrial wastewater treatment plants.
3. Physical processes used for industrial wastewater treatment, chemical processes used for industrial wastewater treatment.
4. Biological processes used for industrial wastewater treatment.
5. Excursion – brewery water treatment.
6. Excursion – vinary water treatment.
7.–8. Wastewater treatment from sugar processing, drinkables production, processing of fruit and vegetables.
9.–10. Wastewater treatment from processing of meat and poultry, from dairy industry, processing and final disposal of sludge.
Enlargement of knowledge of wastewater treatment focusing to food processing industry.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme NPC-SIV Master's, 2. year of study, winter semester, 5 credits, compulsory-optional