Diagnostic and Reconstruction of Metal Structures
FAST-NOB024Acad. year: 2020/2021
Basic methods of non-destructive testing.
Summary of tests in civil engineering.
Basic terms in the branch of restoration and restoration preparation.
Welded connections, material strain.
Material corrosion, stiffening of structures.
Specifications of older kinds of materials.
Institute of Metal and Timber Structures (KDK)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students have to manage the aim of the subject, make the acquaintance with course problematic and practice their knowledge and acquirements.
Metal structures - design of elements and connections of steel structures. Timber structures - design of elements and connections of timber structures.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Dignostics, basic terms, classification of tests.
2. Prototypal, conclusive, check and process testing, non-destructive testing.
3. Classification of non-destructive checking methods according to physical principles, basic terms, application examples. Basics of radiography, radiographic checking methods.
4. Capillary methods, detection liquids, capillary indication. Ultrasonic methods, electromagnetic methods, direct and angled ultrasonic probes.
5. Static loading test, basic terms, classification of loading tests, load specification.
6. Testing of material characteristics in the field of reconstruction, certificates.
7. Restoration, basic terms, classification of restorations with casual and lifetime aspect, restoration preparation.
8. Material, blister steel, mild steel, cast iron. Corrosion, structure protection, atmofix.
9. Direct and indirect strengthening, typical examples.
10. Typical examples of restorations, guaranteed weldability, stress and strain in welding process.
The objective of the subject is to introduce students to the problems of this course and to practise acquires knowledge and skills.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme NPC-SIS Master's, 2. year of study, winter semester, 5 credits, compulsory-optional