Optimization of Building Materials Use
FAST-NJA041Acad. year: 2020/2021
The multicriterial deciding process, commercial-technical services of building materials manufacturers. Demands for materials for vertical structures, technological criteria and optimal state. Materials for walls. Horizontal structures: demands for material, variants of materials and the analysis of their criteria. Roofs: qualification of function and material variants of roof cover. Classification, purpose and criteria of surface treatment and the optimization of material variants. Materials for external drainage, concrete tile pavement. Dynamic calculation of mass production of building materials, energetic demands. Evaluation of building materials from the point of view of environment, the solution of handling and recycling of waste materials. The influence of radon and measures to decrease the activity of the object.
The part of lectures is accompanied with exercises, which have partially a calculation character.
Institute of Technology of Building Materials and Components (THD)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The student would manage the goal of the subject by acquiring knowledge on profound principles of building materials composition in the building work, interaction of their properties in scope of the system, which fulfils the demands on mechanical bearing capacity and stability of structures, hygienic criteria, thermal protection of buildings and sound insulation when loaded by noise.
Knowledge in the branch of Material Engineering.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Introduction into problems of building products use optimization.
2. Problems of quality control and description of general properties of building materials and building structures.
3. The process of optimization – mathematical model.
4. Demanded technical properties of building materials and building structures. Durability of building materials – general principles.
5. Vertical building structures.
6. Horizontal building structures.
7. Roof structures.
8. Surface treatment of building structures.
9. Products for external surfaces and external draining.
10. Environment, the problems of building material recycling. Energetic demands of building structures.
Comprehension of profound principles of building materials composition in the building work, interaction of their properties in scope of the system, which fulfils the demands on mechanical bearing capacity and stability of structures, hygienic criteria, thermal protection of buildings and sound insulation when loaded by noise. Composition of aims and evaluation of the optimal material arrangement under multi-criteria demands, environmental questions in the use of building materials
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme NPC-SIM Master's, 2. year of study, winter semester, 5 credits, compulsory