Organisation and Management of Manufacturing Plants
FAST-NJA032Acad. year: 2020/2021
Systemic division of decisive industrial technologies and manufacturing plants in the production of building materials. Organizational structures and main production activities in building material producing facilities. Auxiliary activities in the plant, energy and material supply, storekeeping, logistics.
Working principles, management, workload, occupational health and safety, information security.
Methods of production rationalization, technological innovations. Effectiveness of innovations in standards and technology. Principles of automatic control of decisive technological processes of building material production.
Stability of technological operations, possibilities of applying statistical methods, failure analyses, prevention, monitoring activities. Integrated control systems, possibilities of application in civil engineering. Management tools and communication.
Technical demands and manufacturers‘ responsibility for products, organization and legislative measures. System of complex quality control of technological operations. Operational peculiarities of the production of building materials, ecology-focused facility.
Construction of a new facility, legislative procedures of approval, projection, conditions for initiating operation. The position of the facilities of building industry from the perspective of legislative demands of the EU.
Institute of Technology of Building Materials and Components (THD)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The student would manage the goal of the subject by acquiring the basic orientation in the organizational and functional structure of factories and companies producing construction materials, understanding the importance of progressive method management, including the support of technological and production innovation and modernization problems and construction of factories, including the legislative awareness on the connections with the technological requirements on products, on the importance of the quality, environment and safety management in factories.
Basic knowledge of firm economics, systemic knowledge of the technological processes involved in the production of binders, ceramics and concrete.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Classification system of decisive industrial technologies and plants in the production of building materials, their economic importance and position in the building industry.
2. Organisational structures and main manufacturing activities in plants of the building industry.
3. Auxiliary activities in the plant, power and material supply, stores management, logistics.
4. Principles of work management, workload, safety and protection of health, fire protection, information protection.
5. Management Systems. Personal management (power fo paradigma, role of habits).
6. Management tools and communication.
7. Leadership Development (Bender, Bennis, Covey).
8. Marketing in building material producing facilities (the marketing mix, marketing research, marketing strategy)
9. Methods of production rationalization, technological innovations. Effectiveness of standard and technological innovations.
10. Principles and importance of decisive technological operations automatic control in building materials manufacture. Stability of technological procedures, possibilities of statistical methods application.
11. Analysis of failures, prevention, technical control activity, significance of metrology in building materials production and in building production. Integrated control systems, application in conditions of building materials production and in the building production.
12. Technical requirements for products, responsibility of manufacturers for products, organisational and legislative securing. Complex quality control system of technological processes.
13. Operational specialities of building materials production. Environmentally oriented control.
Basic orientation concerning the organization and functional structure of plants and enterprises for building materials production including the position and graduates assertion of the technological branch SMI – Understanding of progressive management methods importance including the support of technological and products innovation and the problems of plants modernization. Gaining of legislative knowledge in connection with technical demands on products, responsibility of manufacturers and importance of building industry as permanent customer - Awareness of existence and importance of quality management, environment protection and security in plants
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme NPC-SIM Master's, 1. year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, compulsory