FAST-BZA002Acad. year: 2020/2021
Theory of communication, importance of communication, evolution in communication, interpersonal and work relations, modern presentation and communication, public relations, individual and work communication, communication in direction, communication in management, communication with public and with media, modern styles in communication, basics of social psychology, theory of personality, stress, social learning, active, passive, manipulative and assertive communication, practical mastery of presentation skills, complex preparation for a presentation, individual and group feedback, increasing the efficiency of speech for professionals and general public, structuring the content of presentation, perception of speaker, the curve of attention of listeners, types of nonverbal communication, rhetoric, principles of quality public speech, structuring rhetorical speech, repression of stage fright.
Institute of Social Sciences (SPV)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student will be able to use elementary knowledge of psychology, sociology and communication theory. Student will be able to communicate and present his thoughts and knowledge in practical situation context.
Basic knowledge from general psychology and sociology (at the secondary school level from subjects "Civics" and "Foundations of Social Sciences"), knowledge of general elementary terminology from psychology, personality psychology, images about the role of manager in group, information on practical possibilities of social psychology and methods of psychological research in practical usage, experience of presenting in front of the audience, knowledge of basics of public speech.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Introduction to social sciences studies. Contribution of the subject "Social communication" for a student of the Faculty of Civil Engineering. Importance for the theory and engineering praxis. Information about Moodle. Activity.
2. Social psychology and its place in personal life. Psychological terminology. Memory, speech and mind.
3. Methods of psychological and communication research. Dialog, questionnaire, anamnesis. Education and self-education. The influence of environment on personality.
4. Personality and its structure. Temperament and character. Types of personality. Personality development. Age periods of personality development. Biological and sociological determination of personality.
5. Nonverbal communication and its types. Gestures, facial expressions, eye glances, haptics, proxemics.
6. Learning, social learning, its importance and types. General mechanisms of learning. Problems of learning in praxis and life. Social learning styles.
7. Stress and coping methods. Psychical hygiene, mechanisms of adaptation.
8. Assertiveness. Effective communication. Communication at high-level standards. Preparing for a job interview.
9. Communication theory, its application to society, to the individual and to the future life career.
10. Rhetoric and communication. Quality of speech. Grammatical and rhetorical principles of public speech.
11. Preparation of content and form of a speech. Communication among people. Czech language in speeches. Presentation academic language.
12. Various types of public, monologue and dialogic speeches in praxis. Coping of nervousness presentation.
13. Analysis of some frequent lapses in communication in public speech.
Main aim of this subject is to acquaint the student with applied psychology, sociology and communication theory; for he/she will be able to orient him/herself in the terminology and concepts of human communication. Student should gain a wider insight into the human communication and mainly to familiarize him/herself with the miscellaneous obstacles in authentic communication (both in workplace and family/partnership). The student should be able to use these informations in an everyday life, especially during the acquisition of new job and in a workplace.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.