Renewable and Alternative Sources of Energy
FAST-BTB007Acad. year: 2020/2021
Problems of primary energy sources and their application in systems of building services. Renewable sources of energy and their application in systems of Building Services. Systems for transformations solar energy, geothermal energy, water energy and wind power.Composition of phytomass and phytofuels and their energetic importance.Utilization of waste heat.Principals of combined heat and power production – cogeneration units. Renewable sources of energy influence on building energy consumption. Economic effectiveness of sources.
Institute of Building Services (TZB)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
After graduation studnet will be able to do standard designs of enviroment systems with renewable energy resources. Student will be able to use this knowledge for complex design of buildings.
Basics of thermal engineering. Basics of heating systems and air-conditioning systems in buildings.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Permanently sustainable development and main areas of permanently sustainable development of building construction.
Primal energetic sources, renewable energy sources. Energetic systems in the buildings.
2. Basics methods of energy conversions. Biomass, phytomass and phytofuels production. Theory of combustion solid fuels.
3. Boiler rooms for biomass, storage of fuels. Accumulation of thermal energy. Multi-source heat systems.
4. Passive systems of use solar energy in buildings. Active solar systems with use of air.
5. Active solar systems for heat production for hot water heating, heating support, design and dimensioning.
6. Active solar systems for pool water heating for outside and inside pools., design and dimensioning.
7. Photovoltaic insular solar systems. Use of wind energy.
8. Low potentialheat sources. systems with heat pumps in area of technical equipment of buildings.
9. Design and dimensioning thermal systems with heat pumps.
10. Principles of heat and electricity joint production from biogas and biomass. Secondary energy sources. Use of waste heat in systems of technical equipment of buildings.
11. The use of renewable sources and energy performance of buildings. Economic and environmental evaluation of sources and energy systems in buildings.
Primary energy, its resources and transformations for the creation of the indoor climate. Renewable energy resources and technical tools of its utilization in systems of environment. Economic and ecological effects of energy transformations.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans