Building Services 2
FAST-BTA002Acad. year: 2020/2021
Hygrothermal indoor climate. Concept of ventilation and heating buildings. Method for calculation of the design heat load. Heating systems, their features and continuity on internal environment. Determination of the thermal output of radiators and boilers. Design and dimensioning of parts of the system. Central preparation of hot domestic water. Fuel and energy for heating buildings. Heat sources in buildings. Principles of design of boiler rooms, engine rooms and transmission stations. The use of renewable and alternative energy sources and their impact on the classification of buildings.
Institute of Building Services (TZB)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student get base of heating systems in building. After graduation studnet will be able to do standard designs of heating systems having in mind layout and construction of buildings. Student will be able to use this knowledge for complex design of buildings.
Heat technical assessment of building structures. Basics of thermomechanics.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Hygrothermal indoor climate and conditions for thermal comfort. Heat transportation theory. Concept of ventilation and heating buildings.
2. Method for calculation of the design heat load.
3. Heating systems and their parts. Divisions and principals of technical solution of heating systems.
4. Heating surfaces. Convective radiators. Floor heating und wall heating.
5. Basic kinds of fuels and energy. Energy sources. Solid fuel boiler rooms.
6. Gas boiler rooms. Chimneys and smoke – flues.
7. Central preparation of hot domestic water. Elements in boiler rooms and engine rooms.
8. Safety devices for heating systems.
9. Hydraulics and sizing of central heating systems, regulation fittings and circulation pumps.
10. Centralized distribution of heat, house station.
11. Direct electric heating and accumulation heating.
12. Heating systems method regulation in buildings.
13. The use of renewable and alternative energy sources and their impact on the classification of buildings.
Basics of heating. Building thermo microclimate creation. Heat transfer by heating systems.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme BPC-SI Bachelor's
specialization S , 3. year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, compulsory
- Programme BKC-SI Bachelor's, 3. year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, compulsory
- Programme BPA-SI Bachelor's, 3. year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, compulsory
- Programme BPC-MI Bachelor's, 4. year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, compulsory