Technology of Constructions 1
FAST-BWA002Acad. year: 2020/2021
General foundation in the scientific field of the technology of constructions , analysis and principles of preparing construction sub-processes, principles of creating design projects for processes.
Construction sub-processes connected in particular with the main construction of building structures.
Principles of the staking out of buildings and built structures, principles of technological approaches and relationships during the performance of the technical stages of earthwork, basic lower structures, basic upper structures and the outer envelopes of buildings. Solution of the technological, spatial and temporal structures of construction processes, sequence of activities, level of preparedness of a workplace for construction, mutual dependencies and requirements concerning quality and safety – also with regard to the environment.
Institute of Technology, Mechanisation and Construction Management (TST)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
By mastering the objectives of the Technology of Constructions course II the students acquire principal knowledge of partial technology stages of the building operations process, in particular of some carcass superstructure processes and interior and finishing processes.
Knowledge of building design principles.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Introduction to the scientific field of the technology of constructions. Analysis of building processes, process design.
2. Earthwork processes. Staking out a building, methods and procedures for the execution of earthwork. Construction machinery used in earthwork.
3. Foundation construction processes. Technical principles and procedures for the execution of shallow and deep foundations.
4. Concrete structure formwork – element, system and special. Principles of design and execution.
5. Processes used in the reinforcement of reinforced concrete structures. Preparation of reinforcement, production lines. Principles of laying reinforcement into formwork.
6. Concrete mixing processes. Production, haulage, placement, processing and treatment of fresh concrete. Monitoring of setting and hardening, principles of formwork removal. Technical breaks.
7. Masonry processes. Principles of the execution of walling from bricks, shaped bricks and stone. Module, technology and quality requirements.
8. Assembly of timber structures and buildings. Execution of classical and new-style trusses.
9. Timber buildings, principles of production and assembly. Quality requirements.
10. Erection of enclosing shells and roof claddings. Principles and procedures for the assembly.
11. Installation of small unit roof coverings.
12. Execution of metalwork, incl. metal coverings. Fixing and joining, quality requirements.
13. Working and protective scaffoldings. Types, classification. Working procedures and principles for the assembly of scaffolding.
The course objective is to teach the students to make a technological regulation of the selected partial construction processes of rough construction and finishing works and to be able to use these elaborated documents in practice for the construction execution.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme BPC-SI Bachelor's
specialization S , 3. year of study, summer semester, 4 credits, compulsory
- Programme BPA-SI Bachelor's, 3. year of study, summer semester, 4 credits, compulsory
- Programme BKC-SI Bachelor's, 3. year of study, summer semester, 4 credits, compulsory
- Programme BPC-MI Bachelor's, 3. year of study, summer semester, 4 credits, compulsory