Concrete Structures (M)
FAST-BLA018Acad. year: 2020/2021
Reinforced concrete load-bearing structures. Structural systems of one and multi-stories buildings. Monolithic frame structures. Two-way slabs, edge and locally supported. Foundation structures.
Prestressed concrete - principals, materials, types, method of prestressing, principles of design, prestressing and its changes, ultimate and serviceability limit states. Precast structures and distinctions in their design. Selected engineering structures. Principles of masonry structures design. Expansion joints and units.
Institute of Concrete and Masonry Structures (BZK)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
A student gains these knowledge and skills:
• Knowledge of the principles of static solution of concrete structures and buildings.
• Virtue for designing principal types of structures of building construction and civil engineering together with the ability of preparing relevant technical drawings.
• Understanding of the principles of prestressed structures behaviour with correct application of the prestressing effects in practice.
structural mechanics, theory of elasticity, load, design of concrete members
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1.–2. Structural systems of multi-storey monolithic frame structures – arrangement systems, loading, space stiffness, ceiling structures, dimensioning, static solution, redistribution and restriction of forces, reinforcement arrangement, constructive principles.
3. RC monolithic hall structures.
4.–5. RC two-way slabs edge supported and locally supported.
6. Foundation structures – footings, continuous footings, grids, slabs.
7. Prestressed concrete – principle, materials, method of prestressing, principles of design.
8. Prestressing and its changes, ultimate and serviceability limit states.
9. Precast load-bearing structures halls and buildings – design and reinforcing, stability and stiffness.
10. Specialities in design of precast structures – influence of manufacturing, transport and assembly, design of joints, anchorages and mounting lugs, action in assembly course.
11.–12. Principles of design of selected engineering structures – storage tanks, silos, reservoirs, retaining walls.
13. Principles of masonry structures design. Expansion joints and units.
To teach the students to the principles of static solution of concrete structures and buildings.
To gain ability for design of the principal types of structures of building construction and civil engineering together with preparing relevant technical drawings.
To understand the principles of prestressed structures behaviour with correct application of the prestressing effects in practice.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.