FAST-BPA009Acad. year: 2020/2021
For Water Quality Wastewater Treatment is prerequisite. The goal is to introduce basic characteristic of water, hydrobiology, kind of pollution and its effects and methods of water quality evaluation. Ground, surface and rain water is discussed. Important part is breakdown on surface and ground water, its elimination, control of water quality and legislation for protection of water in Czech republic. The last part deals with water quality modelling (QUAL2E).
Institute of Municipal Water Management (VHO)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student will manage problems of contamination of rain, surface and ground water and mathematical modelling of water quality.
mathematics, physics, hydraulics, chemistry of water, sewerage and waste water treatment
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Preamble, history.
3. Substances endangering quality of waters, offending substances.
4. Municipal wastewater, sewage water, rain water, industrial water.
5. Rain water, pollution, acid rain.
6. Ground water, pollution, migration and self purification.
7. Ground water, protection of ground water, migration and self purification.
8. Surface water, self purification.
9. Oxygen regime in rivers, quality of water and classification of water.
10. Mathematical modeling of water quality in rivers and reservoirs.
11. Emergency state in water quality. Legislation, protection of water in Czech Republic.
Watér characteristic, contamination of rain, surface and ground water. Mathematical modelling of water quality.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.