Technology of Building Operations 1 (E)
FAST-BWB001Acad. year: 2020/2021
The task of the construction engineering is not only to plan the building correctly but also to perform it in high quality and reasonably. The topic of the branch of technology of buildings is the construction execution. The technology deals with methods and procedures of an optimum creation of the building process creation. So that these processes could be modelled, optimised and successfully controlled in technology, time and resource aspects they should be get known at first recognized. The subject includes study of the areas of construction processes related especially with the main construction production. It is lay-out of buildings and built-up structures, principles of technology processes and links, performing of technology stages of earth works, carcass substructure and building facing outer. It deals with technology, space and time structure, sequence, readiness of the working place, mutual links and quality and environmental requirements.
Institute of Technology, Mechanisation and Construction Management (TST)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The students will master the objective of the Technology of Building Operations course II, i.e. they will acquire knowledge of selected building processes and their construction readiness, of the needs of the process resources, erection procedure and safety, quality and environmental requirements.
Basic knowledge of designing and planning of building constructions.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Introduction into the scientific branch of the technology of constructions. Analysis of building processes. Principles of modelling of building processes, process design.
2. Earth work processes. Laying-out of the building, definition of the foundation pit, trenches, wells. Manners and procedures of their execution. Applicable mechanization.
3. Processes of building foundation. Technology principles and procedures at execution of shallow and deep foundations. Manner of anchorage of superstructures into the foundations, quantitative conditions.
4. Concrete structure casings – element, system and special. Principles of design, static assessment and execution. Economic evaluation.
5. Processes of reinforcement of reinforced concrete structures. Preparation of reinforcement, technology lines. Principles of placing of reinforcement into casing, covering of reinforcement by concrete.
6. Concrete mixing processes. Production, haulage, deposit and treatment of fresh concrete. Hardening control, principles of casing removal. Technology breaks.
7. Masonry processes. Principles of execution of walling of bricks, shaped bricks and stone. Principle rules of the walling bonds. Module, technology and quality requirements. Organisational and time structure.
8. Assembly of timber structures and buildings. Execution of classical and new trusses, glued timber structures and their assembly.
9. Timber buildings, principles of production and assembly. Quality requirements.
10. Erection of enclosing shells claddings. Assembly principles and procedures of silicate sandwich, small unit and metal-plastic claddings.
11. Installation of small unit coverings, quality inspection.
12. Execution of roof plumber works incl. metal coverings and on the house facade. Readiness of construction, sequence of processes, fixing and joining, quality requirements. Erection of enclosing roof claddings.
·Acquiring of knowledge of selected construction processes, on requirements for their readiness before execution, balance of sources, principles of technology procedures of individual construction processes, their sequence and links, requirements for their quality, safety and environment protection in the course of their realization.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.