Testing and Technology
FAST-BIA002Acad. year: 2020/2021
The content of the subject is divided into two specialized sections:
1) Testing in civil engineering and
2) Technology of concrete and silicate production.
Requirements for building materials according to the EU directive on building products and the system of tests of materials, segments and constructions.
Division of tests into certificate tests and checking tests, destructive and non-destructive.
Regression relations and statistic evaluation of results.
Essentials of non-destructive testing methods and their application in laboratories (electro-acoustic, magnetic and hardness non-destructive measurement methods).
Radiometric methods of the detection of reinforcement location, volume mass and moisture of bulk materials and radon in buildings.
Technology of concrete production. Types and components of concrete.
Fresh concrete processing, concrete hardening and curing.
Basic findings about production and usage of silicate products.
Institute of Building Testing (SZK)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students will be able to determinate the possibilities of particular testing methods within building structures surveys, the ability of practice realizing of particular testing methods. Principles within design and produce of fresh concrete, concrete types and its testing, properties and possibilities of ceramic products using.
Plane geometry, stereometry, goniometric functions, units of physical quantities and their transfers, the fundamental laws of physics, mechanics of bodies
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Division of concrete types. Concrete components. Concrete composition, methods of calculation.
2. Rheology of fresh concrete. Processing of fresh concrete, formwork system and molds. Compaction of fresh concrete.
3. Hardening of concrete, accelerated hardening of concrete, concreting in winter, curing of concrete.
4. Mechanical properties of concrete, deformational characteristics, water tightness, permeability. Durability of concrete.
5. General and theoretical principles of silicate production.
6. Introduction - overview of testing methods.
7. Measurement of selected properties of building materials.
9. Electroacoustic methods.
10. Dynamic and static moduli of elasticity of concrete.
11. Load tests.
13. Radiometry in building construction.
Acquainting with physical principles of destructive and non–destructive testing principles, determination of the possibilities of particular testing methods within building structures surveys, the ability of practice realizing of particular testing methods. Principles within design and produce of fresh concrete, concrete types and its testing, properties and possibilities of ceramic products using.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans