Computer modeling 2
FAST-NTA041Acad. year: 2020/2021
The course is focused on numerical modeling and computer simulations of heat and mass transfer in buildings and elements of building energy systems. Students will learn the basics of CFD simulations and heat transfer simulations in buildings.
Institute of Building Services (TZB)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Knowledge of physical laws in terms of heat and substance transfer. Basic knowledge of numerical methods. Knowledge of heating, ventilation and cooling systems of buildings. Knowledge of indoor climate of building theory and computer modeling I.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Modeling and simulation of time-unchanged heat sharing for substance changes (PCM).
2. Modeling the radiant component of indoor building climate.
3. CFD Modeling and Simulation - Introduction.
4. CFD Modeling and Simulation - Theory 1.
5. CFD Modeling and Simulation - Theory 2.
6. CFD Simulation - Software Applications 1.
7. CFD Simulation - Software Applications 2.
8. CFD Simulation - Software Applications 3.
9. Current Topics in CFD Modeling and Simulation 1.
10. Current topics in CFD Modeling and Simulation 2.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme NPC-EVB Master's, 2. year of study, winter semester, 4 credits, compulsory