FAST-NHA061Acad. year: 2020/2021
Understanding the principles of functioning and design of smart buildings.
Understanding the interaction between the basic elements, ie, the building, the facility, the operation and the interrelationships between them.
Integration and automation of processes in buildings.
The principles of interconnection and control of all the electronics in the building.
Description of components of smart buildings.
Institute of Building Services (TZB)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
fundamentals of wiring, fundamentals of light-current distribution systems, basics of measurement and regulation systems
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Introduction, general principles and definitions of smart buildings
2. Smart building concept
3. Technologies used in smart buildings
4. Theoretical foundations of common and systemic electrical wiring in buildings
5. Smart systems components - optimizing energy consumption
6. Smart systems components - input and access control, closed television and security systems
7. Smart systems components - fire protection systems, emergency technology control, back-up supplies
8. Smart systems components -lighting control
9. Telecommunication systems and IT infrastructure
10. Interface in the system of electrical installation of buildings
11. Communication in the system of electrical installation of buildings
12. Communication channels in the system of electrical installation of buildings
13. Visualization of functions control, system operation, examples from practice
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme NPC-EVB Master's, 1. year of study, summer semester, 4 credits, compulsory