Noise and vibrations in buildings
FAST-NHA059Acad. year: 2020/2021
Principles of noise and vibrations, criteria of room acoustic comfort, sound insulation properties of building materials and constructions, principles of noise reduction in buildings, calculation methods and software.
Institute of Building Structures (PST)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Fundamentals in architectural acousts.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Introduction, repetition of fundamentals in room acoustics from previous study.
2. Problems of sound insulation properties of buildings constructions – airborne and impact sound insulation.
3. Acoustic measurements and solution of sound insulation deficiencies –– Part I.
4. Acoustic measurements and solution of sound insulation deficiencies –– Part II.
5. Fundamental calculation methods, determination of sound insulation properties, selection of convenient building materials
6. Problems in buildings with respect of stationary noise sources
7. Measurements of noise from stationary sources, optimisation of sound sources in buildings and outdoors
8. Prevention of noise and vibrations from stationary and other sources
9. Room acoustics – materials and measurement methods
10. Room acoustics – calculation methods
11. -13. Comprehensive solution of selected buildings for sound insulation, room acoustics and noise sources
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme NPC-EVB Master's, 1. year of study, winter semester, 5 credits, compulsory