FAST-MP001Acad. year: 2020/2021
Subject deals with drainage of urban areas with relation to hydrological, hydraulic and another aspect - - in particular structural-technological problems in designing of sewerage networks. Materials used for sewerage networks. It is related to reliability and control of sewerage networks. Basic normative details of design, expert opinion and operation of drainage in urbanized areas. Preparation for graduate students is directed to work in wide range of knowledge (prepare students for design activities, construction, legislation problems and engineering activities) in the water management.
Institute of Municipal Water Management (VHO)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student will manage wastewater collection from urban area, basics of design and operation of sewerage networks, technological and hydraulic design of WWTP, technology of wastewater treatment and sludge treatment, upgrading of WWTP and operation of WWTP.
Chemistry and water technology, hydraulics, hydrology, design of civil constructions
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Development of wastewater collection, urban drainage, basic notions, legislation.
2. Wastewater collection schemes and drainage systems. Innovative means of drainage.
3. Storm and storm data. Storm outflow from urbanized area.
4. Hydraulic of sewerage systems., combined sewer overflows, master plans.
5. Sewerage networks and connections. Storm water harvesting.
6. Objects on sewerage systems. Strategy of surface water protection.
7. Excursion of WWTP Modrice
8. Development, history, dimensioning of WWTP and small WWTP. Mechanical and chemical treatment of wastewater.
9. Biological treatment of wastewater, activated sludge process.
10. Modern method of nitrogen and phosphorus removal.
11. Aeration and separation of activated sludge. Systems with attached biomass.
12. Sludge treatment at WWTP, final sludge disposal.
13. Anaerobic wastewater treatment.
wastewater collection from urban area, basics of design and operation of sewerage networks, technological and hydraulic design of WWTP, technology of wastewater treatment and sludge treatment, upgrading of WWTP, operation of WWTP.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.