FAST-BZ003Acad. year: 2020/2021
Society, group and team; general sociology, evolution of communication, the theory of communication, interpersonal and work relations, modern presentation and communication, public relations, individual and work communication, communication in human resource management, communication in management, communication with public and with media, modern styles in communication.
Institute of Social Sciences (SPV)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student will be able to use elementary knowledge of psychology, sociology and communication theory. Student will be able to communicate and present his thoughts and knowledge in practical situation context.
Basic knowledge from general psychology and sociology, elementary terms in psychology and personality psychology. Acquaintance with sociological research and its practical use.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Introduction social sciences, its use for a student of Faculty of civil engineering.
2. Social psychology and its place in personal life; Psychological terminology - memory, speech and mind.
3. Methods of psychological and communication research: Dialog, questionnaire, anamnesis. Education and self-education. The influence of environment on personality.
4. Personality, general questions and structure of personality. Temperament and character. Types of personality. Intelligence and intellect.
5. Development and formation of a personality. Age periods of a personality development. Biological and sociological determination of personality.
6. Learning, social learning and its importance and types. General mechanisms of learning. Problems with learning in professional and personal life. Social learning styles.
7. Stress and its managing methods. Psychical hygiene. Mechanisms of adaptation.
8. Basic paradigms of sociological thinking. Sociological terms: Society, organization, group, culture, social status.
9. Communication theory, its application to society, to person and to future life career.
10. Social structure, social control, socialization. Communication: as means of problem of living in society.
11. Job choice as individual’s, sociological and communication problem. Presentation and interpretation of social situations in professional and personal life.
12. Rhetoric and communication. Quality of speech. Appropriate grammatical and rhetorical principles of public speech.
13. Analysis of some frequent lapses in communication in public speech.
Main aim of this subject is to acquaint the student with applied psychology, sociology and communication theory; for he/she will be able to orient him/herself in the terminology and concepts of human communication. Student should gain a wider insight into the human communication and mainly to familiarize him/herself with the miscellaneous obstacles in authentic communication (both in workplace and family/partnership). The student should be able to use these informations in an everyday life, especially during the acquisition of new job and in a workplace.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.