Operational and System Analysis
FAST-CP003Acad. year: 2020/2021
The subject provide the basic overview of the terminology of system analysis and basic types of optimisation tasks including the most often used methods of operation research and its implementation in water management as linear programming, non-linear programming, dynamic programming, multi criteria optimistion, graph theory, network analysis methods, project management, arificial neural networks, genetic algorithm and risk analysis.
Institute of Municipal Water Management (VHO)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The student manages the basic knowledge of linear and non-linear programming, graph theory, multicriteria optimisation methods, project management, Artificial Neural network and Genetic algoritm. Get the basic skill with using the software tools Excel-Solver and MS Project.
Mathematics in scope of bachelor study program Civil Engineering, the basic knowledge of the Excel software tool
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Subject of operational and system analysis, basic terms and types of problems
2. Linear programming – methods of graphical solution, Simplex method
3. Dual problem of linear programming, specific problems of linear programming
4. Transportation problem – solving by MODI method
5. Non-linear programming, method of objective function linearization
6. Non-linear programming – Lagrange method
7. Polyoptimal problems, pareto solving techniques
8. Combinatorial problems, bivalent programming
9. Graph theory, minimum graph frame and minimum graph trace
10.Network analysis – methods of project control
12.Neural networks, genetic algorithms
Get the basic knowledge of operation reserach methods which are used in water management as a linear and non-linear programming, graph theory, multicriteria optimisation methods, Artificial Neural Networks, Genetic Algoritm. Handle the fundamental solution of optimization problems using the module SOLVER (Excel) and project management with MS Project tool.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans