Technology of Constructions
FAST-AW051Acad. year: 2020/2021
Technology of constructions is dealing with research, development, modelling and implementation of production processes in civil engineering. The objective is an optimum and economic manner of the execution of building structures, buildings and their complexes.
The course covers introduction into the branch of the technology of constructions, division of construction processes, their technology, spatial and time structure and optimisation of their course. In addition the students are acquainted with preparation and realisation phase of the investment process, from the letter of intent up to the passing over of a completed building into operation.
Institute of Technology, Mechanisation and Construction Management (TST)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
By mastering the objectives of the Technology of Constructions course the students acquire principal knowledge of partial technology stages of the building operations process.The course will teach them to understand the pre-production, erection and user processes from the point of view of all common parties in the construction procedure.
Basic knowledge of planning and designing of construction of civil engineering and utility services.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Introduction into the technology of constructions, basic terms, construction processes and their division, possibilities of analysis of the technology of constructions and their modelling, technical documentation
2. Process of earth moving operations and foundation engineering, technology procedures.
3. Processes of concrete and reinforced concrete structures (formwork, reinforcement, concrete laying)
4. Walling procedures of bearing, filling and partition structures (materials, technology principles)
5. Assembly processes of bearing structures of the carcass construction (reinforced concrete semi-products, steel and timber)
6. Processes related with peripheral claddings of buildings (roof and wall claddings)
7. Indoor and finishing processes in the construction (distributions of all installations, wall and floor surface treatment, joiner´s)
8. Complete investment procedure, division, preparatory and realisation phase
9. Pre-production preparation of construction technology needed for construction work, principles of construction work
10. Preparation of manufacturing and operational construction technology for construction work
11. Construction machines, conception of a proposal for mechanisation, methods of assessing usability, technical data sheets for machines
12. Realisation of construction work, modelling of the manufacturing areas of structures, documentation for building site equipment
13. Quality and safety of construction work, its assurance and inspection, protection of the environment during construction
Acquiring of knowledge of selected construction processes, of requirements for their readiness before execution, balance of sources, principles of technology procedures of individual construction processes, their sequence and links, requirements for their quality, safety and environmental protection in the course their realisation.
Basic information on requirements for the construction preparation and realisation.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.