FAST-AZ001Acad. year: 2020/2021
The law system of the Czech state. The building law as part of the system of administrative law. Building Act. Implementing regulations to the Building Act. Legal regulation of administrative offenses. Expropriation. Conduct of business by natural and legal entities in building industry. Basic employment relations.
Institute of Social Sciences (SPV)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
After completing the course students will be familiar with the Building Law.
The subject extends the knowledge gained at secondary school.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Introduction to the course, basic legal concepts.
2. The place of the building law in the system of administative law. The Building Act, its contents and principles. Implementing regulations to the Building Act.
3. Town and country planning and its instruments.
4. Planning permission proceedings, types of planning permissions.
5. Building code, building permit and notofication, building permit proceedings.
6. Authorized inspector.
7. Structure realization.
8. Utilization and removal of structures.
9. Administrative offenses.
11. Basic employment relations, requisites of employment contract.
12. Trade law.
13. Trade companies, their basic characteristics, status of partners.
The aim of the course is to make the students familiar with the legal order of the Czech Republic focusing on the Building Act and its implementing regulations.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Type of course unit
26 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer