Building Services and Technical Infrastructure 1
FAST-AT001Acad. year: 2020/2021
Standard designs of sanitary and storm water drainage systems, water supply systems, gas and electric installations having in mind layout and construction of buildings. Design of service pipes for these installations. Basic concepts, division and history of water supply, sewerage and communication systems outside of buildings.
Institute of Building Services (TZB)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
After subject graduation student will be able to do standard designs of sanitary and storm water drainage systems, water supply systems, gas installations and electrical equipments having in mind layout and construction of buildings, further they will be able to design service pipes for these installations. Student will be able to use this knowledge for complex design of buildings.
Basic knowledge about constructional systems of buildings, hydromechanics and electric current.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Introduction to problems of plumbing systems and electrical equipments, space arrangement of conduit of technical equipment.
2. Hygienic facilities design, piping installations placing.
3. Plumbing fixtures assemblies, mounting elements for PreWall installation.
4. Drainage systems inside buildings: Types of waste water and the principles of their removal from the building, classification and description of the drainage system, pipes sizing.
5. Drainage systems inside buildings: Principles of design of sanitary and storm water drainage systems.
6. Building sewers, cesspools and private wastewater treatment plants.
7. Water systems inside buildings: Building water supply and water resources, water service pipes, water installation and its implementation.
8. Water systems inside buildings: Pipes sizing, hot water supply systems, equipment for fire-water supply.
9. Gas systems inside buildings: Service pipes with low and medium pressure, gas installation.
10. Gas systems inside buildings: Pipes sizing, gas appliances.
11. Electrical equipment - building electric wiring installation.
12. Electrical equipment - electric service connections, lightning conductor design.
13. Water management network: Sewerage systems, water supply systems.
Students will understand general principles of disposal of waste waters from buildings, potable water, electrical and natural gas supply for buildings.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.